Chicken Piccata Olive Garden
Chicken Piccata Olive Garden is a simple and delicious Italian dish. Chicken Piccata is a healthy classic dish made of capers, butter, and lemon. It contains 500 calories and most of the calories come from protein and fat. Olive Garden Version is added in heavy cream and sun-dried tomatoes to make it more tasty and flavored. Slices of zucchini are used to serve the original version of the olive garden, these slices are baked with parmesan cheese. It can also be served with pasta. Well! All the Italian dishes taste better with pasta.
Most important things to keep in mind, while making this dish is filet the chicken breast pieces into smaller and thinner pieces. Here, I gonna discuss the copycat recipe of Chicken Piccata Olive Garden.
How to butterfly a chicken breast?
- Place the chicken on the plastic or wooden chopping board.
- Put your hand on the surface of the chicken.
- Use a sharp knife to slice through the middle of the chicken breast start from the thicker side and end at the thinner.
- Open out the chicken breast as it resembles with butterfly
- You should have two equally thin pieces of chicken that are the same shape as it used to be when thicker.
Capers are immature flower buds of Capers bush also called as Flinders rose. An essential ingredient of Chicken Piccata Olive Garden. It is a healthy addition that can boost your fibre intake. These are beneficial for those who have high blood pressure and at the risk of heart disease. With bitter in taste so you can’t eat it raw capers off the bush. It is a mixture of salt and acid that add a punch of flavour in your recipe.
How to make sun-dried tomatoes?
Sun-dried tomatoes are expensive but it can easily be made at home.
- Wash the tomatoes with water and remove its seeds.
- Add a bit amount of salt on it
- Baked it at 200 degrees in an oven.
- Until the texture of tomatoes become chewy and dried.
- Store these baked tomatoes in olive oil until you use it.
- 2 chicken breasts halved into thinner cutlets
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 10 cup sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Parsley chopped (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken in the flour.
- Add the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet on medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, until it becomes golden and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and shallots and cook for 1 minute or until it gets aromatic and light brown.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice in it and reduce the heat to medium,
- Whisking well and cook for 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Add the remaining butter and whisk it until it melts, then add sun-dried tomatoes, capers and the heavy cream to the pan and whisk well.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and coat with the sauce, letting it thicken for just 1-2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Garnish with parsley if desired before serving.
Tip: Use 1-2 tbsp. of the sun-dried tomato oil and some of the olive oil for extra flavour.