7 Amazing and Positive Benefits of Olives for Skin
Natural foods are appreciated by every cook and food lover around the world. Our food demands have become so vast and detailed that every day we wish to see and taste new recipes like never before. Of course, it’s also possible to achieve now because of the high-class advancements in food industries and food production that we can taste newly developed flavors combined with natural foods.
Still, natural foods will always be prioritized at most because of their natural goodness and benefits that are meant to keep us going for a healthy future. One of these essential natural sources is ‘fruits’ which are necessary for our body to function correctly. These naturally grown gems are full of minerals and nutrients that provide every part of our body with vital energy to stay fit and running.
Natural and Essential, OLIVES
Words won’t be enough to define the true definition of the importance of fruits, but we can take out one essential item from them to elaborate it in a detailed manner. One of these fruits is ‘The Olive fruit’. Yes, the fruit is grown on olive trees that belong to a group of fruit called drupes, also known as the stone fruits that are related to mangoes, cherries, peaches, almonds, and pistachios.
Olives consist of high Vitamin E amount along with other potent antioxidants. Research also shows that olives are great for heart health and also helps in protecting against osteoporosis and cancer.
Olives are full of fats and are extracted to produce olive oil, which one of the main components of the fantastic and healthy Mediterranean diet. We use them in salads, sandwiches, and other exciting dishes.
Usually, there are green olives that stay immature and turn into black color when they ripen while others remain green until they are ripe. In the Mediterranean region, 90% of the olive production is converted into olive oil.
Healthy benefits of olive for everyone
Every food available around us carries the unique significance that separates it from other food items. So, when we talk about olives and their benefits, they also are separated from other sources to make them look unique. Olives play a significant part in keeping our body functioning, especially our heart and blood sugar.
When it comes to describing the healthy and positive benefits of olives, we can jot down a long list of them for you in no time, but to save your sight, we will share some of the first benefits that olives give to everyone who likes to consume them.
- Olives have antioxidants that help reduce any chronic illnesses like heart disease or cancer, along with fighting inflammation.
- Olives control high blood pressure and cholesterol to keep the heart working properly.
- As we mentioned before, a disease named osteoporosis which is a problem that occurs in bones and decreases their quality and mass, making them an easy target for fractures. Olives work for this problem significantly by keeping the disease away from bones from regular use.
- Olives and olive oil are used in the Mediterranean region the most, which brings them in the lowest of chronic and cancer disease list. Olives fight cancer cells and keep our heart functioning correctly by adjusting our blood pressure and cholesterol level.
- Olives are an excellent source for digestion purposes and make the stomach and intestines soft and digestible for a regular olive user.
Benefits of olives other than internal reasons
While discussing benefits for internal purposes, we should also mention some positive benefits of olives for our external body parts as well, just like our skin. Olives even leave a significant impact on our skin by using them raw or in the form of oil regularly. Olives are massive in taste and may not be liked by everyone in flavor; also, they are heavy to eat, so people keep their use limited in their edibles.
Still, even the smallest amount of olives brings enormous benefits to our body and skin. Let us take a look at some great benefits of olives for the skin.
- Old age reduction: Olives are with us since ancient times, and one remedy that was applied for the use of olives was to reduce any early age symptoms on our face. Two of them are wrinkles and age spots on our faces. Women don’t like to be seen old long before their old age time because of their face image in front of everyone. They try their best to hide any old age points on their faces to avoid any opinion interaction.
That’s where olive oil plays the part. Applying it every day before sleep under your eyes and face dark spots and massaging gently for five minutes can work the blood circulation correctly, making them less visible until they are almost unrecognizable. Olive oil works miracles for these wrinkles and spots, so grab yours today!
- Dryness care: Olives have quite amount of fat in them, which helps to soothe any dryness, inside or out of the body, making it soft to function. Due to no small amount of Vitamin E and A, olives are super moisturizers for skin and help reduce dryness and dehydrated skin anywhere.
Using olives for massage and heat therapy is the best opinion anyone can give and get. Use olives to massage your dry skin areas on your body that do not take in much moisture. It will heat the area with active blood circulation and make your skin smooth and fresh in minutes.
- Protecting from the sun: If you love swimming or tanning yourself in the sun at the beach, but you are afraid of burnt skin, then fear not as olive oil comes to the rescue. Olives have high consistency and a large number of antioxidants that create a layer of protection over your skin when applied before going out in the sun.
If you wish to spend some time out n the sun or have some tasks to be done quickly, apply some olive oil on your naked skin like arms, legs, hands, feet, and neck before leaving the house, and you will be safe from any sun damage.
- Cures itchy skin: As we discussed, olives are rich in fat and Vitamin E and A, which help keep the skin soft and smooth, so if you are facing any dryness problems, especially in winter, then olive oil is the answer for you. Apply it every day before bed so that your skin stays smooth even in your sleep.
- Shaving aftercare: Want to attend a gathering in an emergency and need instant shaving? Then worry not about the after-effects as olive oil will do the job. Do your shaving procedure and apply a few drops of olive oil over the shaven area. It will be safe from any itchiness or dryness for a long time.
- Pain reliever: Olive oils are best for massages and pain remedies. Are you feeling stiff from shoulders and back after a hard day of work? Get some olive oil rubbing on your skin from the back. Ask for help from someone to apply some olive oil in the painful areas and massage for 5-10 minutes.
It may be fatty, but it absorbs in the skin quickly, so worry not if you come to apply more than a few drops. Just make sure to massage continuously on the area until it heats up and bind or cover it to keep it away from cold air. You will be cured of any physical stretch and tension in no time.
- Flavor enhancer: Using olives in your food is also a great idea, especially when making salads and vegetable dishes for dietary reasons. You can also use some olive oil dressing on your salads for more flavor.
Health should always come first
People tend to ignore the richness and benefits of a food item due to its change in taste and flavor. They must know how much nutrition food is carrying that their meals can be more healthy and beneficial for them. Olives tend to give off this feeling to many food lovers and are typically ignored or picked out in dishes. Everyone must know that consuming even a few pieces of olives contain enough source of energy for a person to fulfill his nutrition in one day. That’s how beneficial they are for us.
That’s why whenever you see and live in your salad in a restaurant or order a pizza where you find some pieces of olives, don’t be hard them. Try consuming them even a few bits and think of your health before judging them for their flavor.
Click here to know more.